TRAVEL deals might not be the most obvious discounts to associate with the Black Friday period.
However, last year saw a good amount of healthy offers on holiday and flights - saving buyers hundreds of pounds in some instances.
It might seem an unusual time for travel firms and airlines to offer deals, but they do take part in the event. Black Friday 2017 saw great offers for eagle-eyed shoppers, with both cut-price trips and tickets being made available.
This year you'll be able to find the best deals right here. We'll be picking out the top offers as they're announced, and keeping this page up to date so you odn't miss out.
What were the best deals last year?
Black Friday 2017 certainly saw some strong discounts, notably with Thomas Cook offering £200 off of every holiday.
Air New Zealand offered big discounts on return flights to LAPerhaps the hottest deal of last year's event was Air New Zealand's. The airline offered return flights to Los Angeles for £375 - and incredible offer which was snapped up as availability disappeared. The top deals around were:
- Thomas Cook - £200 off every holiday
- Air New Zealand - £375 return flights to Los Angeles
- British Airways - discounted trips including Europe, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Seychelles.
- Expedia - 50% off of selected hotels
Travel deals to look for during Black Friday 2018
- Cheap European breaks: Whether it's Spain, Greece, Turkey or further afield, discounts are sure to be in no short supply
- USA return flights: The USA is a favourite of airlines when it comes to cheaper fares. Black Friday is a prime time to release them.
- Hotel deals: 2017 saw Expedia knock 50% off top-rated hotels in several countries - including the four-star Hotel Barcelona Universal and five-star Hotel Plaza Athenee, New York!
- Blanket discounts: If last year is anything to go by, expect travel companies to drop prices across deals to boost interest. We'll keep you updated.
Our tips for finding the best deals this Black Friday and Cyber Monday
IT might be tempting to dive in and snap up LOADS of items on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, but here’s how you can guarantee you’re getting a good deal.
PREPARE Research the items you want to buy and find out the cheapest price. Websites like PriceSpy, PriceHistory and CamelCamelCamel will give you historical data on prices so you can see how much you should pay.
GET FOLLOWING Follow your favourite shops on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram and sign up to its deals newsletter to get the latest on any offers. We post the best deals in our Sun Money FB group too.
EARN CASHBACK Check websites like Quidco and TopCashback BEFORE you place your order. Cashback websites PAY you to shop. All you have to do is click through their links and the money is added to your online account, usually within 14 days.
CHECK FOR CODES Take a look at our exclusive travel voucher codes, and ensure you're getting the best discounts and deals possible.
Who will have the best travel deals?
2017's travel deals came by way of a fair few airlines and travel companies. And as Black Friday continues to cement its place in the shopping calendar, you can expect even more to join this year.
Most companies are yet to formally confirm their involvement in Black Friday 2018, but we'd expect the below to be taking part. Some companies have static Black Friday pages set up, and we'll be updating this page as more companies confirm and deals start to appear.
- Air New Zealand - Black Friday page
- British Airways
- Easyjet - Black Friday page
- Expedia - Black Friday page
- FlyBMI -
- Ryanair - Black Friday page
- Thomas cook - Black Friday page
- TUI - Black Friday page
If you're likely to be looking for non-tech Black Friday deals, you can check our Black Friday info page.
There'll you'll be able to find the key areas likely to feature in the event, and crucial information about shopping during the Black Friday period.
Find our 'Best Black Friday deals' pages below