FORTNITE is the planet's most popular video game right now, with more than 10 million players logging on around the world.
So when the servers go down it's a big deal. Here's the latest...
Are Fortnite servers down?
On July 23 Fortnite tweeted to confirm that servers would go down at 4am EST (9am BST).
This was due to a special birthday release of Patch v5.10 to mark the video game's first birthday after it went live one year ago today.
Fortnite servers will go down completely while the patch is updated, with gamers known to have been kicked offline 20 minutes beforehand.
Epic Games have not given any indication of how long the downtime will last but usually these periods run for a few hours.
What is Fortnite and does the video game have an age rating certificate?
Fortnite is an online video game set in a dystopian world where 98 per cent of Earth's population suddenly disappears.
Living conditions have become unbearable and zombie-like creatures roam the Earth in this sandbox game where players are among the remaining two per cent fighting for survival.
After the apocalypse, "survivor bases" were set-up and each player is in charge of looking after these bases before trying to find a way to return Earth to normal.
Fortnite, certified for those aged 12 and over, also includes a mode called Battle Royale in which 100 online players are put in a battlefield to fight until death - when just one player remains.
How many children play Fortnite and why are their parents worried?
While there is no exact figure on how many children play the game, data collected up to late January showed 45million people playing Fortnite across PC, Xbox One and PS4.
Many parents are concerned about the harmful effects that the long playing duration and violent content is having on their children.
A thread on forum site Reddit summed up concerns with one parent saying the game "promotes strategic thinking" but their child has started to "slam doors when he used to be pretty laid back".
In a This Morning poll asking if parents were worried about the effect the game had on their children, 59 per cent voted no as opposed to 41 per cent who said yes.
What is Fortnite?
- Fortnite: Battle Royale is a version of Fortnite, a video game released by Epic Games in July 2017
- The online game is set in a post-apocalyptic world, based around a battle for survival
- Fortnite offers two distinct modes: player versus environment 'Save the World' and the more recent player versus player game Battle Royale
- The game starts with 100 players leaping out of a plane on to a small island, fighting each other until no one is left
- Fortnite has proved a massive hit with more than 3million kids
- The game is free and kids can team up with a friend, a group of friends or compete as a duo or squad
- Matches can last up to 20 minutes
- Though it's a multiplayer shooter, no graphic violence is depicted
How has Fortnite turned some players into celebrities?
Fortnite is one of, if not the most popular game streamed live on social media platform Twitch, according to stats from SullyGnome.
Tens of thousands of viewers log on to watch superstar players like Tyler "Ninja" Blevins play, Forbes reports.
Tyler is reported to make hundreds of thousands of dollars a month from his 100,000 Twitch subscribers.