A WOMAN who is allergic to cosmetics has been left devestated after a botched tattoo make-up procedure.
Mary Malargic, from Brisbane, wanted a “light and very natural looking” finish to her permanent makeup.
She suffers from dermatomyositis, a condition that causes her skin to react badly when it comes into contact with cosmetic products.
Spotting a deal at a local salon, Mary decided to book an appointment because the staff seemed professional.
After paying £150 to get her eye lids, lips and eyebrows tattooed, Mary had over seven hours of treatment that left her in excruciating agony.
During the session, the beautician sprayed an unknown liquid into her eye, which caused a painful burning sensation.
After her unbearable experience, Mary wasn’t left with quite the "natural" look she asked for initially.
Experts are warning members of the public not to get permanent makeup treatment done unless you book into an accredited establishment.
Worryingly, it’s possible to contract Hepatitis B and C from clinics that don’t properly sterilise their needles.
To avoid disaster, it’s always important to be wary of bargain prices and check whether venues have licensed practitioners.
Last month, Mandy Lamrini, from Berlin, posted a picture of her permanently inked eyebrows on Facebook.
Unlike Mary, Mandy was very pleased with the procedure and had to defend herself against cruel online trolls.
She said: "The only thing around here that is ugly, are your stupid primitive comments."