YOU don’t have to blow your budget to look beautiful.
Former Towie glamour girl Lucy Mecklenburgh has become the first celebrity face of Barry M after revealing that she is a fan of the affordable make-up brand.
Even Poundworld has its own Miss Beauty London line.
I made my face up using discount and designer ranges.
But can you tell which look is with those costing a total of £21.98 and which set me back £268.50?
Here, I give my verdict and tick my favourites in the panel below...
1. The cheaper base products were too thin whereas the costly foundation and concealer gave much better coverage.
2. But when it came to the blushers, Poundworld’s version was easier to apply and pop in your handbag for a night out.
3. There was not much difference in the coverage of the two eyeshadows I tried and Poundworld’s still glided on smoothly — it didn’t even gunk up in the creases.
4. For my eyeliner, Dior’s Art Pen made applying top liner much easier but for the brow gel and liner, cheap did the trick.
5. Barry M’s mascara was clump-free and buildable. Dior’s mascara was excellent but here I’d plump for value for money.
6. As for the lips, Dior’s liner was much better because it did not bleed like MUA’s, but using a less expensive lipstick gave an almost identical look to the posh pout.
In these pictures it is hard to tell the difference.
So let’s face it — bargain beauty products have a valuable place in the make-up market.
Photo answer below...
My choice: Pro Conceal and CorrectPalette Mac, £35
Liquid Concealer Miss Beauty Poundworld, £1
L’Absolu Rouge Lipstick Lancome, £23.50
My choice: BD Trade Secrets Lipstick Tesco, £5.99
Brow Zings Eyebrow Shaping Kit Benefit, £24.50
My choice: The Tamer Brow Gel George at Asda, £3 & Eyebrow Pencil, Miss Beauty, Poundworld, £1
My choice: Art Pen Diorshow Dior, £25
Fine Eyeliner Miss Beauty Poundworld, £1
My choice: Contour Lipliner Pencil Dior, £19
Lip Liner MUA, £1
Mascara, Diorshow Dior, £25
My choice: That’s How I Roll Mascara Barry M, £4.99
Les 4 Ombres Quadra Eyeshadow, Number 14 Mystic Eyes, Chanel, £38
My choice: Eyeshadow Miss Beauty Poundworld, £1
My choice: Bronzing Powder,Matte Bronze MAC, £22
Bronzer Miss Beauty Poundworld, £1
Pot Rouge for Lips & Cheeks, Bobbi Brown £19.50
My choice: Blusher Miss Beauty Poundworld, £1
My choice: Luminous Silk Foundation Giorgio Armani, £37
Long Lasting Foundation, Make Up Gallery, Poundland, £1
Main image answer
LEFT PIC: £21.98; RIGHT: £268.50