- . / 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 : ; < = > ?
This article starts with a question. Try to answer it before you read further:
Imagine you are Principal or Dean for a Day. What is one actionable change you would implement to enhance the high school or college experience on campus?
Questions for Comprehension and Analysis
1. How have student answers to these questions changed in recent years, according to the writer? Why do you think that is?
2. Would you want to take the noncredit seminar described here called “Reflecting on Your Life”? Why or why not?
3. Which of the five exercises do you think would be most interesting or useful for you? Why?
4. This professor calls this class ” a step toward turning college into the transformational experience it is meant to be.” How do you hope college — or whatever you plan to do at the next stage of your life — transforms you?
What Do You Think?
Choose any of the exercises described in the article and answer them yourself, alone or with a group as part of a discussion. Did it help you think about your future? What did you learn about yourself?
Feel free to post an answer to any of these questions to our comments.